I think making a list of noteworthy happenings this week will probably be easiest.
This week's solids:
- It's official, I'm moving out next semester. I've struggled with this decision A LOT; however, I prayed about it, and I knew it was right. I also prayed about whether I should continue to attend my singles ward, or attend my family ward at home. I got an overwhelming answer that I needed to go to my home ward. This happened just today, and the peace I felt after I received it was indescribable. I feel as though they need me in my home ward for one reason or another; which, really, makes the transition a little easier.
- My mom threatened me with a sewing machine if I didn't give her a Christmas list, and I think I actually might want it. Mmmyeah.
- I full-blown ran into a wall while laser-tagging Friday, and my head still hurts from the impact.
- I did well on my rhetorical analysis.
- However, I am struggling with my issues paper hard-core. And the stupid library ladies don't help one bit. Like seriously, talking in a voice that should be directed to a five year old and having one reiterate his/her topic over and OVER again while the other lady gives a pointless 40 minute tutorial helps absolutely NO ONE. Yes, I am in a Freshman writing class; but newsflash, that doesn't necessarily make me a Freshman. And even if I WAS a Freshman, that wouldn't make me an idiot. Gosh.
- Kendra and I had a long-anticipated date to PF Chang's where we ordered DELICIOUS flourless chocolate cake. If you haven't tried it, this gem is a MUST on the to-order list. SO SO good.
- The very same night of the PF Chang's trip, Kendra and I took a trip to Costco to buy our first under-two-dollars gasoline in a LONG time. However, once we got there (at 10 PM) it was unfortunately VERY closed. So, I STILL have yet to buy this awesome gasoline for under $2 a gallon. However, this is a time in my life I am extremely looking forward to, and I will most-likely document the occasion.
- My baby brothers turned 18. They are both working on college applications, and beginning to prepare for their missions. I could hardly believe it, and consequently, I had a (few) moment(s) of mourning.
- I was called stupid by an ornery, old lady carrying a dull knife around the mall while working on Saturday. My adult, male friends in security and maintenance offered to attack her for me.
- I watched an awesome variety show put on by the BYU 164th ward.
- I found out that my 13 year old sister is actually a VERY talented song-writer, and jammed with her for a few hours.
- I have resolved to change my style. I need something new.
- Also, I want to lose 5 pounds.
- Because of the low gas prices, my insides are absolutely ITCHING to go on a road trip. I have also been itching to go to the beach since last November when I went with Jess and Liz. California, anyone?
- I decided that I enjoy iHop a great deal amount more than I enjoy Denny's.
- I missed my British Lit History class for the first time because I got lost in a conversation with mia madre.
- I came to the realization that there is one more week of classes until the week of Thanksgiving break, and then two weeks after that, finals week starts. Eek!
- I made the resolve to start practicing piano everyday again.
- I re-did my toenails.
- I ate my weight in Chili at the ward chili cook-off, something that I had previously no desire to eat. Apparently I love it.
I'll try to be better this week, but no promises.